Thursday, November 09, 2006

Clip, Clip, Clip!

Hey there all you fans of saving money! I learned a great tip recently from watching the Rachael Ray show and wanted to share it with you since it's Shopping Day!

If you cut coupons you can look at your weekly sales flier for the stores you shop (before actually going to the store) and purchase things that are on sale and that you have coupons for, even if you dont need them at this time.

Think about it. If you always use canned tomatoes and you have a coupon for 35 cents off Hunts canned tomatoes, it's double coupon week and the canned tomatoes are already on sale for 80 cents, you'd be payong only 10 cents for that can of tomatoes!!

The key to this is clipping coupons for things you use all the time! Not just the brands you buy. Maybe you're a store brand buyer and figure why clip coupons when you're always paying less anway...well the example above is a perfect reason why!

I really got the fire set under me after watching Rachael Ray's guest go to a supermarket and seeing her total of $180+ be reduced to $70-some dollars after handing over her coupons. No joke!

I shop Kroger for my groceries and I saw on their website that I can type in my area code and pull up the weekly flier right online! I'm SO doing this every week from now on, on top of buying the Sunday paper! I used to only clip coupons if it was a brand I use. From now on..I'll be clipping if its an item I use, not a specific brand! I'm ready to save money and I promise to share my great deals with you!

I want to hear about your great deals too!! Email them to me! Also, if you find your local grocery store's fliers online, email those to me too so I can post them for others!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! Prince Charming stopped this from recording so I missed the tips!