Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday's Meal Planning

First of all, I missed yesterday's post due to illness. I'm still not at 100% today, but I'm here!

Wednesday's are one of the most important days in my house. It's the day that I plan the meals for the following week. I grocery shop on Thursdays, so I plan all of my meals from Friday-Thursday.

There are many recipe websites out there, but I almost always use Recipe Zaar.

Recipe Zaar is a great website that I highly encourage you check out. It's free, but you can upgrade to a premium membership for only $25 for an ENTIRE year! It's such a great deal! I use their "Shopping List" feature, which takes my meals that I've planned from that website and puts them onto a list, then I can add or delete any items I want, print it out, and voila! I'm ready to shop! It's one of the premium features, but HIGHLY recommended.

If you can't find what you're looking for on Recipe Zaar (which would shock me) just do a Google search and try your luck. Also, if you have a ton of cookbooks that you never open...that would be a great starting point too!

So take a few minutes to sit down and think about what you've been feeding your family. If you have a ton of favorites that's great! But don't feed those same dishes to them every single week! Try some new things!! At least one new recipe/week is a great start! At my house, we eat something new almost every night of the week. Only about once/month will we have a repeat recipe.

Also, today while you're making out that grocery list(dont forget lunch and snack items!) make out a list of any other errands you need to run tomorrow. Getting all of this done today, makes errand day run so much smoother!

To get you started, here is a great recipe! I encourage everyone to try it this week and email me your reviews! (You'll find that address listed under "Doorbell" in the sidebar) I will post the reviews next Wednesday so that others who did not try the dish can see what everyone else thought. Also, remember to send in any of your recipe ideas!! They may be featured in upcoming weeks!

Chicken Divan

A great recipe that is quick to make, and is really enjoyed by my husband!

Enjoy!
Ms. Suzy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great recipe! I'd love to know what you recommend for side dishes to your recipes. I am HORRID at figuring out side dishes that go well with meals. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Valerie said...

Sounds yummy I will have to try that one soon.