Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holiday Wreath

Well, I'm back! I do apologize for being gone from the blog for so long, but the holiday weekend kept me busy with my eating and shopping! And we also are having some major unseasonably warm weather and it's kept us outside cleaning up for the winter. We have not started our holiday decorating, but that is to begin later this week.

Since Tuesday is supposed to be a day filled with ideas for around your home, I'm going to talk with you about making a holiday wreath. I made one for our home the first year my husband and I were living together, I also made stockings, but those I'll talk about later in the season. I made my wreath for a total of $11 and I used it every year for the past 4 years! But over the summer it got mildewed in the basement and now I get to make a new one! (It needed it anyway!)

Let me share with you how I made mine.

I just went Sunday night to get the materials needed to make my wreath at Dollar General! First I picked up a 24" lighted wreath...it was only $7! I then got a pack of gold jingle bells for $1 and a bouquet of red silk poinsettias for $1 where I cut off the long stems and stuck them into the wreath. I also got two small bundles of plastic frosty pine with a present, pinecone and gold berries 2/$1. And of course a big red bow for $1! I arranged them all around the wreath and it turned out so pretty! You can do this with any variation of decorations and colors! I live in a farmhouse with a big red front porch so the red and gold really pops against my white house..but you could do silver, green, blue and white, whatever!!



Please send me your homemade wreath pictures and information on where you got your supplies and how much it cost! I can feature it later in the month!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

how pretty! I am going to try and find time to make my own as well. Thank you for the awesome idea!