Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Countdown: Tick Tock

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I know that there is lots of preparations in store for tomorrow, but still make your menu, grocery and errand lists today! Although you will not be making it out to the stores tomorrow for Shopping Day...that list will be ready for the first chance you get to use it.

As for Thanksgiving preparations today, I am going to get my table set up and all of my serving dishes laid out and labeled with scraps of paper in each one stating what is going in what dish. It saves time at the last minute, and also gives you a great sense of control over the outcome of the holiday. I'll also be "making my list, and checking it twice" of my menu, recipes and times that everything must cook. Today is the day to be prepared...take the time to get there!!

As for tomorrow, I wish you all the Happiest Thanksgiving! Please be careful if you are traveling, and be extra careful if you are staying in and cooking. Dont burn that bird!

Friday, I will be fighting the Black Friday crowds and shopping with my mom and daughter until I can't walk any further! We just started this tradition last year and I never want it to end! Unfortunatly, for my daughter it probably will have to after this year because next year she'll be 2 and will be old enough to give into her daddy's prying about what I bought him!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to tell you I LOVE YOUR SITE I am guessing it is new...i only see November entries...but i think your chore lists are awesome, and i cant wait for your homemaking and decorating tips...i am a SAHM with 3 kiddos, and i also am a bit old fashioned, and i ve=iew this job as something i want to excel at, and i love to read all kinds of tips...so keep up the good work and keep it comin'
cherrie

Ms. Suzy said...

Cherrie! This is so sweet of you to leave a comment! I was almost ready to give up on this project...but alas, here you are with such a sweet comment and I'm definitely going to keep going!!